Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dad's Deployment to Haiti

We've started a jjournal for Bennette to give him when he's older (the contents I'm sure aren't for a beginning reader ;) this is just an excerpt of what I've put in there so far....

"Your father was deployed on the USNS Comfort for 2 months to Haiti. There was a devastating earthquake there and since your father is a medic in the Navy he was deployed to help in the recovery process.  It was at this time too that we decided to have children. Needless to say when your father returned to port in Norfolk, Virginia you were conceived. (March 13, 2010)"
Lara and I went to pick up Christian and Brad that morning and there was SO MUCH FOG!


We could hear the ship coming in before we could see it! Didn't see it until it looked like it was going to run us over!

As soon as it got in to port the sun came out and we got to go on board to pick up our men!

No comments:

Post a Comment